Engagment Pi

Engagment Pi

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

OUR CHRISTMAS!!

Well Christmas went well! This year I was unable to go home due to my green card ( I still have not received it) so Drew and I stayed in Memphis. It was a very nice Christmas. I have to say i was pretty bummed because pretty much ALL my family was going to be home for the first time in quite some time so it clearly sucked. That being said it was best it could have been without being at home. It was a nice day of relaxing, presents and spending time together. Drew and mines FIRST Christmas being married and it feels so weird that we have been married this long. It really has flew by! On Christmas eve Drew surprised me and took me to a FANCY HOTEL called the Westin. I was SO surprised and super excited!!! I didn't have a clue, even when hid dad blurted it out at the table. I heard what he said but didn't think it applied to me because of the conversation we were having and due to the fact he said motel. TO ME... motel and hotel are totally different. To the Ennis family.... its the same thing. Normally when I think of a hotel it's ghetto and nasty. Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just have always stayed in hotels WHICH is funny because when Drew and made it to San Antonio before our apartment we stayed in a motel 6. IT WAS NICE!!! I would say it was a newer one, and like a ikea kind if design. ANYWAYS.... I was pleasantly surprised!!! We got there and had valet parking! When we walked in and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Now I think I have stayed in PRETTY NICE hotels before but I must say this BEAT ALL!!! When we went up to our room the first thing I did was jump on the bed! A BIG FAT KING SIZED BED!!!!!! It was beautiful and THE BEST BED I HAVE EVER SLEPT ON!!!! It was hard to leave because I felt like I could spend the rest of my life sleeping in it. Anyways, Drew did very well! It was a beautiful room and he even told me I could get some food from the mini fridge... the thought was thrilling but I figured I would rather keep the $4.00 on the credit card then spend it on the mini sized pringels that cost $.50 at the store. SO I clearly opted out. So Drew kept asking me if I was happy with my present and if it was ok that this was my only one and of COURSE it was OK ...it was perfect. We got to spend out first Christmas together alone. Well Drew woke up early (though I woke up even more earlier and went back to be) and woke me up... he said my names a couple times and I didn't respond... until he said ...SANTA CLAUSE CAME!!!!! That's when I flew out of bed and dashed to find 2 stockings full of stuff. I thought that was pretty sneaky of him and so we opened out mini presents up. During the night before (Christmas eve) I was having a dream and someone was attacking me and drew... so in my dream I went for the guys eyes and then to choke him.... well I woke up to Drew telling me to STOP choking him. HAHAHAH.... my hand was around his neck squeezing!!! YIKES!!!!!.... clearly he wasn't hurt but it woke him up. I have never done that before. So Christmas mourning we got back to his parents house where we have been staying until we find a house and WHO KNEW IT? THERE WERE MORE PRESENTS FOR BOTH OF US!!! MY HUSBAND IS SNEAKY I TELL AND CLEVER AT THAT!!! So I opened more presents he got me and he opened the presents I got him and then some awesome ones from my family and it was great! I really wished we could have been in Canada. My parents ALWAYS throw an awesome Christmas with my favorite foods and tons of decorations everywhere and Christmas cheer.... and fighting because it's no Christmas without a couple here or there but for not being home it was the BEST it could have been!!! What was my favorite part? Finding out Drew booked the hotel the same day and got a REALLY NICE PRICE!!!! Who doesn't love saving money? WOOT WOOOOOOT!!!!

1 comment: