Engagment Pi

Engagment Pi

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Making Progress!!!

(Ignore the room and bad lighting.. it's the last room to be painted (I haven't picked a colour yet) and we don't have the light casing or light bulbs on the chandelier yet)

Ok... it's been a wee while since I have updated my posts. I have slacked on it because 1. Andrew had to chew out ATT for not helping us with the internet. 2. We have been organizing, cleaning, renovating and on vacation. I LOVE OUR HOUSE. LOVE IT. We have done A LOTTTTTT of work to it and still have a lot more projects up our sleeves but so far so good!!! So far we have: Painted(ALL ceilings, crown molding, chair rails, trims, walls, doors, cabinets, fireplace) the whole house, replaced/upgraded light fixtures, plugs, outlets, ceiling fans, chandeliers, light switches , door ware? (knobs, hinges) all new carpet, new furnace, new central air conditioning... and thats all I can think of. I still have A LOT more projects that I want to tackle .. but in time...and thats just on the INSIDE!!! We haven't even got to the outside yet. Andrews rent's and sisters have help us out a lot with the house. My brother in law Brian has DONE SOOO MUCH WORK. I always go on about him.. but its hard not to. Drew LOVES HIM. CLEARLY... because aside from Brian's work with USG.. he builds the houses him and my sister live in. They are about to break land again in september. So anything he did was professional and didn't cost us a penny for the labour... HOLLA!!!!!!! HAHAHAH... In my family EVERYONE fights for Brian!! Any who... I just hope Drew can pick up on the handy man stuff... even a little. When we went up to Canada my mom replaced the chandelier in our dinning room. She wanted a more updated one. CHING CHING!!! Or... should I say BLING BLING!!!!! GUESS WHO GOT THE OLD ONE? Now... before you say... cool Courtney? You got the old one. Good for you? let me explain. The chandelier my mom gave me is like old shabby chic kinda...er... i duno. ANYWHO... not only did I LOVE it as a child.. I LOVE IT JUST AS MUCH...and.. it's worth more then a couple THOUSAND!!!!!! HOLLLA!!!!!! ok ok... hahah as I accepted (begged) for the chandelier my mom reminded me that she could have easily sold it and made some mulla off of it so I better take the time and clean each crystal . SOOO the whole top is done and it took forever. I need to do the bottom still and pick up a couple little links that came loose. SO... I love love love it. Sooo... back to Canada trip. Andrew got to FINALLY meet the rest of my family for the first time. Theres was 8 of the 9 (kids) home. And 17 1/2( my sister in law just popped her 4th kid out just after we left) of the 20 grandkids there. It was AWESOME to go home. I LOVED IT. Andrew had a blast too. My mom done lot of work the house so it was fun to go and see all the work she has done. Time flew by but.. we had a lot of fun. He got to see how the Hall side is. We went swimming in my pool... in the lake (which took in a while to get use to) showed him all the fun Sarnia sites. He went golfing with my brothers and had bbqs and lots of family fun. I think he was surprised at how nice Sarnia is and I was HAPPY to show it off to him. ANYWAYS we had a AWESOME time and I can't wait to go back at Christmas!!! My side LOVES Christmas. So I'm pretty excited to go back. It made me think hard. We don't know where we will end up yet. I like Alabama and or Nashville... as maybe some day choices. BUT I doubt(pray) we won't end up in Memphis... THAT AND... I want to be closer to my family/home. SOOOO I pretty much like Nashville!!! It cut's 3 hours off our time.. and might not seem much but anyone and everyone knows I hate driving. So to catch up on everything else.... Drew had his birthday and I bought him a gun. He took a couple odd jobs and we had put some money aside so we carries now. He's still thrilled with himself and thinks of himself as a cowboy/cop. OU... and the other visit worth mentioning is we got a chance to meet up with Kemper n Kim.. and Shaw n Tiffany Carter. It was a VERY short visit BUT WAS SOOO FUN!!!! They are ALL such a hoot... it's almost tempting to move to Dallas just so we can we together. I know... I know. I'm sad. But I did have a good time and I can see why Drew talks so highly of all of them. WE LOVE THEM!!.. OK ok.. so other then that there's nothing else we really have going on. Our new ward is so far so good. I don't have anything up on my walls yet or decorated because we need to have a garage sale and unload our house a wee bit more so no pictures until I can show it looking somewhat cute.

1 comment:

  1. Hahah Courtney, It's always a pleasure to read your blog posts. I just imaging you talking while I read and it makes me miss you oh so much! Can't wait to see the progress pics of your new place.

    ReplyDelete