Engagment Pi

Engagment Pi

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

PAINT Paint Paint!!!

Well now that we have finally closed on our house we have been working non stop to get things done!! We are so busy we are exhausted. I'm beginning to thankful we don't know anyone or have friends because where would we have the time? Ok.. so thats clearly a joke. I know. It's real sad and no one knows that more than me. But back to my house... So last weekend my sister, husband and three kids came down. Brian works for USG .. he works with architects and contractors and he tells them what they need to build things and what not. I guess I'm not the best at explaining it... but he has REALLY REALLY REALLY good job. That and he has built 3(4?) of his and my sisters homes.. they build them sell them ...live in them for a year or (3?) and then sell them. He does that on the side of his full time job. On their last house ( they are getting ready to build another one) he wanted a barrel ceiling in their tv room and when we was working with (constructer?) or whoever it was told him flat out there was no way he would be able to have one.... well let me tell you... he did it!!! So why do I go on? Well they came down to help me and Drew out. Jane-claire and I went out with the kids and shopped and did our thing while Brian and Drew went at it with the house. They worked likes dogssssss. Brian brought down his paint machine and they sprayed the bedroom ceilings and and crown molding and what not. They did the doors and painted and you would have thought you were walking into a new house. IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!! All the work Brian did would have cost us a BUTT LOAD!!! There was no way in hell we would be able to afford it.. NOT AT ALL. He even brought down and paid for all the supplies. Well.. we could afford to pay for the products but the the labour anywho but they wouldn't let us. I always feel real uncomfortable accepting things like that. We were brought up not to take. Just something we don't do and its hard to accept. Although I'm THRILLED... when they start construction on their new house no doubt Drew and I will be down there on the weekends helping out or even just to babysit. Brian is a genius. He is a master. And I don't think that quite covers how much he has done for us. WE OWE HUGE!! But feel VERY BLESSED to have his help. It's still hard accepting though. Can't help but feel stupid or inadequate. I really don't like accepting things. I don't like asking for things either. Just something we were brought up not to do and I will bring my kids up like to. Drew thinks it's weird but I have always thought it was tacky and un-etiquette. As a child if i was out with friends and their parents and we would stop to get something to eat I would never accept them to buy me something.. even if it was my parents close friends. I'm sure other people agree with that. Maybe it's just our family I guess but once in a while I hear Drew say something to his family and he gets the " YOU DID NOT JUST ASK THAT " look. Any who... it is what it is and the place is slowly but surely coming together. Brian and Jc and the kids are coming down next long weekend and helping us tackle some other projects. IT PAYS to have someone in the family who has to knowledge that Brian does.

Drew's family have been really great too. His parents (as always) have helped us and continue to do so we are very appreciative of that! REBECCA... haha has worked her butt off as well. Clearly anyone who knows Rebecca knows she is a hard worker and will help you above and beyond what you consider great help. The amount of work he have put in so far has added a nice pretty penny of value to the house. And thats the plan. The colours we (I) have chose are BEAUTIFUL! I don't think Drew fully appreciated my style and sense of direction when I came to choosing a flow with the house. When I walked in he was THRILLED to show me how the paint looked in our master bedroom. I COULD CRY.... yes it looks that good. I like colour.... but most of it in the neutrals. Very calming, classy colours!! Our house has four bedrooms and they are all pretty good sizes. We definitely lucked out with that. Everyone who has come by to see the house has make comments on how nice of shape the house is in.. and it is!!! Just it's not to my expectations. haha I guess I sound like a snot but you know me!!! I AM!! ohhh how we wish school was done with!!! But it's not and we have to do it a little at a time ... so that the plan... be smart with the bling bling!! I don't think I need to get into another money rants so... one day we will have some serious BLANG!!! Right now we are finishing the last coats on the walls and we are eager for that so we can replace the carpet in the bedrooms. NEW CARPET YAY!!!!! The rest of the house is hardwood and tile. I think the biggest exciting projects are the cabinets and the flooring for me. When the time comes we are refinish/repair the hardwood floors. I think my sister Jc is more excited then me... ALMOST!!! We share the same style and we can't wait for the day the house is all done.. well the parts we can't stand the most anyways!!! SO here are some pictures.... I know... doesn't really give you a GREAT idea or anything but they were taken at night and really don't do the place justice!!! OH HEY? hahah New light fixtures!!! YES!!!!... so hopefully the next time I can update you with whats going on with the roof and central ac unit. Till then... we will be pinching pennies as we always do...ever more so now!!







Our bedrooms!! THESE PICTURES DO NOT DO JUSTICE to how freaking good the rooms look. Newly painted ceilings, trim, crown molding, walls and NEW carpet (just in). Oh.. and new fixtures and light fixtures..........and we put in NEW central air and a NEW furnace!!!! ARENT WE JUST RICH!? Not.... hahah ANYWAYS the pictures aren't the best and and the colours are WAY MORE NICE.... ill have to get better ones.









2 comments:

  1. It's always good to be grateful when people help. I used to be the EXACT same way - never wanted to let my friend's parents pay! So I completely understand but it's nice to learn how to just say thank you and accept it. POST MORE POST MORE! I'm a blogging crazy queen now! AHHHHH!

    I can't link my blog, because it's not any of the options, so I'll just put it down here: www.nicolebreanne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you in your blog header? You are one beautiful lady! I'm so sorry to hear your Kneader's sugar cookies didn't turn out. I have made them so many times and they turn out yummy every time for me? The dough definitely should be sticky - it will stick to your finger if you touch it. Honestly, I have never made anything with a sugar substitute, but I do know for brown sugar splenda, you use different measurements as you would regular brown sugar? What did the dough do? Too runny, too stiff?

    ReplyDelete