Engagment Pi

Engagment Pi

Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's Officially OFFICIAL!!!!!!!

IT'S OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!

AFTER ALMOST 4 months we are FINALLY closing on our house!!!!! To be honest, the ONLY reason why I haven't been keeping up with my blog was because I have been pretty stressed!!! And by stressed... I mean PISSED OFF!! Most of you know, or not... that before we were able to close our a/c unit was stolen. YA!!! THE WHOLE FRIGGIN THING!!! ... and they took their time. But before you think (or what I would be thinking if I were you) that we must live in a rough area.. we don't. Our house is in a very nice area in Memphis. Now when I mean nice... I mean there are stay away areas, bad areas, ok areas, nice areas, very nice areas and WE HOPE SOME DAY areas. So because our house was a foreclosure ( the people took a second loan on their house and couldn't pay it back) the trashy/po/druggie/thieves took their time and stripped out our a/c. I was a wee bit alarmed when I was told that because Memphis is no Golden city. And there was NO WAY I was going to be able to live somewhere I thought I could end up on an episode of Police Woman Of Memphis, or Crime 360 or anything else. But our relator assured us not to worry... apparently because of the economy the trashy/po/druggie/thieves have been getting gutsy and going anywhere and everywhere to steal what they can. One of her our houses had the same thing happen and she knows of others. SO.... thats when the issue started. We had to file a police report and wait for that to come back and then we had to contact HUD and see what was going to happen. Now it was been a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE closing on this house. For my health's sake I will not go into details because when I bring it up.... I only want to start making my list of people to light on fire for not being able to do their job correctly if at all. I can't tell you how many people I called. I lost count after 14. One of the biggest issues was they were ONLY going to give us $500 worth of credit. Clearly it was me who was going to deal with that issue because if anyone knows Jean Hall... it would be her to give someone hell before she would let my dad get the chance so after Drew told me I went to work. I was a shark towards people. Fast forward through all the ignored calls, mentally challenged people and the people who went to school/training for their only to successfully FAIL at it... I got what I wanted. After repeated no's and sorry not going to happen I (not to toot my own horn..TOOT TOOOOT) got us a $3500 difference... YES!!!!! We got $4000 credit to our mortgage. I must say when Drew got that call and called me and told me I KNEW this house was meant to be. Throughout this ordeal we seriously meditated over whether or not it was the right choice for us to buy this house. We felt pretty good most of the time, but obviously with any big purchase, we were nervous . SOOOO IF ALL GOES WELL we will close THIS FRIDAY!!!! SO FAR... there has been no hiccups though we wait for them to pop up. So we are OVER EXCITED to get into our own house. Drew and I have only lived on our own for three and a half months of our total marriage. We celebrated a year April 17th. We have been staying with Drew's parents who have been VERY kind and VERY generous with letting us stay here and helping us out. It was allowed us to save our money and reap the benefits of not having our own house. And it'll definitely lighten their stress load and house hold room with us moving out. But really they have been very generous and we are very thankful for allowing us to overtake their home and rooms with all our stuff. TRIX is especially grateful that she has had a home for her condo to stay in!!!! SOOOO we start the count down and can only pray that all closing goes well and we can move into our first home!!!

2 comments:

  1. Toot Toot! haha you are hilarious Courtney. I hope everything goes well for you guys from here on in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, so nice to meet you! Thanks for your sweet comments on my kitchen. It is a dream come true for me too!

    Congratulations on closing on your house! I know what a nightmare that can be. My oldest daughter just closed on hers and it was scary too. Sorry about the AC unit. Unfortunately, things like that are often contractors, believe it or not!!!

    We are LDS too! So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete